The Ultimate Parent Toolkit
Everything You Need to Know, Every Year
What is the Parent Toolkit?
The Parent Toolkit is a comprehensive digital resource to support your child’s development and success from K-12 — with valuable information specific to each grade level — produced by NBC News’ Education Nation and sponsored by Pearson publishing.
How can I access the Parent Toolkit?
Visit www.parenttoolkit.com in English or es.parenttoolkit.com in Spanish.
You can also download the app version of the Parent Toolkit for iOS and Android devices.
What information does the Parent Toolkit include?
For each grade level, the Parent Toolkit offers:
- Benchmarks to see what your child will be learning in school
- Tips and strategies to support your child’s learning
- Recommendations for diet, sleep, and physical activity
- Tips to support your child’s social and emotional development
- Advice on homework, parent-teacher conferences, and home learning
- A bank of external (national, state-level) resources to support your child
- Videos that explain and animate concepts in the toolkit
The Parent Toolkit website first launched in October of 2013, and is updated on a regular basis. The tool won the 2014 Webby Award in the Family/Parenting category, and the American Association of Political Consultants’ (AAPC) 2014 Silver Pollie Award for Best Website in the Public Affairs Division.