From April through late May, students across West Contra Costa will be taking the annual Smarter Balanced / SBAC assessments in English Language Arts and Mathematics.
To support our families and educators these next two months, we’ve gathered a set of resources about the SBAC, including the following:
- Overview information about the SBAC and how it was developed
- Tips for educators on preparing students for assessment and ‘de-stressing’ the test
- Tips for parents on explaining testing to children and preparing for / debriefing the test
- Sample test questions across grade levels in English and Spanish
- Information about West Contra Costa schools’ past SBAC performance
Click here to view the bilingual set of SBAC resources for families and educators.
The SBAC is one of many meaningful indicators that helps us understand how our schools are preparing students for college and career. Learn more about the SBAC and why it matters, and use the buttons below to help share the resources across our community!